We’re back(!), with the second installment of our holiday gift guide. Below you’ll find an assortment of watches that we think could make great gifts for women. Generally speaking, we think any watch can be worn by a man or a woman, regardless of the size of your wrist or the style of the time piece. With that said, the watches we’ve included on our list range greatly in size, style and price.
- 42mm, Quartz, Mineral Crystal, 20mm Black Leather
- The Timex Easy Reader is a trendy, oversized unisex watch with simple styling. This new model is all black except for the bright orange seconds hand, which adds some necessary character and welcome playfulness. Basically, this is just a fun, cheap and casual watch that has a surprising amount of personality. I’d recommend this for someone with an unconventional sense of style and a youthful demeanor.
- 32mm, Japanese quartz, Mineral Crystal, Blue Leather
- The Reveal Watch, designed by Daniel Will-Harris, features simple lines and thoughtful design in a bold package. Two windows on the face (hours and minutes) rotate to reveal time fading in and fading out. This is a truly unique design, and should make any design nerd very happy.
- 30mm, Auartz, Mineral Crystal, 40cm Leather Strap
- In the Tokyobay Black Dopio Wrap watch, fashion and watch design have met perfectly to create a very well implemented and unique timepiece. A clean simple beige face match outstandingly well with the Dopci’s rose gold case and hands. The watch’s double wrap strap however, is what really makes the Dopci stand out. This is a great watch for any fashion minded individual.
- 40mm, Swiss Quartz, Mineral Crystal, Green Woven Nylon
- The Bertucci pro-watch is a military inspired field watch that features a vibrant green palette and high-polished case. There are a lot of cool features to this watch, such as being made of a single block of titanium, that make it unique and a very good value, while still being surprisingly elegant. This watch is great for someone with an active lifestyle.
ODM Hacker Gold $180
- 42.5mm, Quartz, Mineral Crystal, Black Matte Rubber
- The Hacker is an extremely unusual but cool new watch by designer Michael Young. The bowl shaped face, curved index lines and floating center disc make this watch feel more like a piece of wearable sculpture than a watch or jewelry. The size and gold coloring also make this a very bold piece, definitely for someone interested in art and design who wants to be noticed.
- 37mm, Japanese Quartz, Hardened Mineral Crystal, Wrapped Italian Calf Leather strap
- The Uniform Wares 150 Series features a slim profile and a clean design aesthetic. While designed to be unisex, this 150, with its soft pink face and polished steel case, offers a slightly more feminine look with a touch of ornamentation. This is the perfect gift for someone looking for a non-traditional woman’s watch that oozes contemporary design.
- 38mm, Miyota 9015 24 Jewel Automatic w/ date, Domed Sapphire, 18mm black Horween Leather Strap
- The Nixon Mellor auto is a superbly styled automatic with a distinctly 60’s vibe. From the automatic movement, to the domed sapphire crystal, to the Horween leather strap, this is a lot of watch for the price. But what really makes this watch stand out is its looks, straddling military and retro, but coming off as elegant and refined. This is a great watch for everyday wear that could add some necessary edge to business casual attire. I could see giving this as a gift, and then wanting to borrow it.
- 38mm, ETA 2895 automatic, Sapphire crystal, 18mm stainless steel bracelet
- The Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic is the watch you buy your mom. It features all the refinement and styling of a conservative, traditional dress watch, with a high quality Swiss ETA automatic movement, all at an affordable price. This watch may not be the most adventurous, but that’s exactly why we’ve included it on our list.
- 35.50mm, Peseux 7001 hand wind, Sapphire crystal, stainless steel mesh strap
- I really think the Stowa Antea would make an outstanding watch for either a man or a woman. It’s elegant styling and traditional Bauhaus aesthetic are timeless, and the uncommon Peseux 7001 movement help it stand out from the crowd. However, at 35.5mm in diameter and just 6.9mm tall (that’s really thin!!) this is a no brainer for someone with a more petite wrist.
a.b. art OA101 $743
- 40.5 mm, ETA 2824-2 25 Jewel Automatic w/ date, Sapphire Crystal, 21mm black leather
- Though listed as a men’s watch, we think this modern take on the Bauhaus watch is suitable for anyone. The clean lines and minimal markings make this watch simple, elegant and easy to wear. The 31-hole date indicator is an uncommon feature that give this watch a little more personality, and the fact that it’s sporting a high quality Swiss automatic movement and sapphire crystal doesn’t hurt either. This would be my higher-end choice for someone with an interest in design and architecture as well as a minimal, but thoughtful sense of dress.