Last week’s sudden heat wave had me walking around with my sleeves rolled up for the first time in months. As such, I’ve been able to show off a few pieces that have been hidden under cuffs for far too long. Unfortunately, what I’ve really been craving to wear is a watch that we reviewed and gave away some time ago, the Orient Bambino. One of my favorite watches under $200, the Bambino has style to spare. From the domed crystal to the pie-pan dial, the Bambino’s charm relies on well thought out vintage style and a very versatile design. Yet, despite its clear historical inspirations, the Bambino is oddly unique, especially for a watch its price. This isn’t a stock case and crystal with a new dial, it’s an original concept, and don’t forget it’s also packing an automatic movement.
But enough ranting about a watch I’ve already reviewed… The reason we’re here today is because the Orient, beyond all else, is a damn handsome watch that beckons to be worn in style. It’s versatile looks lends it self to some more formal attire, when paired with a leather strap, but what makes it more fun is when you loosen its collar a bit, so to speak. When you put the Bambino on a striped NATO, it really comes alive, having a classic sporty feel. So, for this PWW, we set out to harness this look with an outfit that is preppy, casual, fun and right for this transitional weather.
- Orient Bambino on a Crown&Buckle NATO
- Standard Issue Civilian Blazer in Navy by Apolis Global
- Cotton Oxford Elbow Padded Shirt by Sophnet
- Canvas O-Ring Belt in Navy by L.L. Bean Signature
- Lt. Wt. Davis Chino in Fig by Club Monaco
- The Dignitary in Blue by Richer Poorer
- Waxed Longwing Bluchers by Alden
- Natural / Grey Waxed Garrison Bag by Winter Session