Alpina has introduced the first chronograph in their aviation inspired Startimer series, and it has a feature that’s rare at this price point: a mono-pusher mechanism. Based on a movement designed by La Joux-Perret, the single pusher on the right case flank gives the Startimer Pilot Heritage chronograph a distinctive look and some added functionality with start, stop, and reset all controlled by the same button.
Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage Chronograph
- Case Material: Stainless steel
- Dial: Blue dial with applied silver indexes and sub-dials; silver dial with applied indexes and anthracite sub-dials
- Dimensions: 42mm
- Crystal: Sapphire
- Water Resistance: 100 meters
- Crown: Push/pull
- Movement: AL-727 (mono-pusher based on movement designed by La Joux-Perret)
- Strap/bracelet: Leather
- Price: $2,795
- Reference Number: AL-727LNN4H6; AL-727SS4H6; AL-727LNS4H6 (not featured here)
- Expected Release: Available now
Although the Startimer series is explicitly influenced by aviation, I don’t think anyone at Alpina would be bothered if you saw their new chrono as more of a racing-inspired piece. It has the tachymeter scale and cushion case of many a classic racing chrono, and Alpina themselves have roots in the sport.