French brand YEMA has introduced a bronze version of their Superman dive watch through a Kickstarter campaign. The Superman, you’ll recall, is distinguished through its bezel locking mechanism, which has been in action since 1963. It’s also an extremely technical dive watch with vintage charm and looks, and definitely hits a sweet spot for folks looking for something that calls to mind a very specific time period, but has all the comforts and conveniences of a modern watch. Let’s take a look at some of the details.
YEMA Superman Heritage Bronze
- Case Material: Bronze
- Dial: Blue
- Dimensions: 39mm (featured here) or 41mm
- Crystal: Sapphire
- Water Resistance: 300 meters
- Crown: Screw down
- Movement: YEMA’s in-house MBP1000 caliber
- Strap/bracelet: Available with leather, nylon, or “tropic” rubber
- Price: $1,300 retail, but available at ~$695 temporarily through Kickstarter
- Expected Release: October 2019
YEMA had success with the reintroduction of the Superman last year by recreating the original in 1:1 fashion using high end 3D modeling technology. Each component of the watch was mapped in detail to achieve a likeness to the original that would satisfy vintage watch aficionados and pay tribute to a great timepiece from their back catalog.