We were super excited about the Anstead Oceanis kickstarter that happened a few months ago. We thought; finally, someone is using kickstarter to fund a watch that isn’t a piece of tech, but rather a well-designed and affordable watch with styling we can get behind. The Oceanis is a bit vintage, a bit tactical and all around masculine and rugged. The technical dial is balanced beautifully by the steel bezel that sports a fierce, but practical toothed edge. Best of all, it’s an auto powered by a Seiko NH36a movement that costs about $400. It goes without saying that we’ll be giving it the w&w review treatment soon enough, but we thought that the look of this watch beckoned for a PWW as well.
So, we tasked Mr. Dexter Austria with pairing the Anstead Oceanis with an outfit of similar inspiration. Military influence is at the core of each piece in one-way or another, and the outfit comes together to be handsome and a touch edgy.
- 1. Anstead Oceanis
- 2. Rolltop in Olive Waxed Twill by Archival Clothing for Need Supply
- 3. Flight Jacket by Private White V.C.
- 4. The Brooks in Matte Espresso by Garrett Leight
- 5. Camouflage Over Print Plaid Flannel BD Shirt by Sophnet
- 6. Whipcord Cargos in Sulphur Dyed Charcoal by White Mountaineering
- 7. Iron Ranger Boots by Red Wing
paring by Dexter Austria
words by Zach Weiss