It’s not often you find aftermarket watch straps in a big-box retailer. But that’s exactly what Jeff Braswell achieved when he struck a deal with Best Buy to have six varieties of his Clockwork Synergy Straps right next to the Pebble Watches display at the electronics giant’s locations in November of 2013. That same year his company was part of a giveaway on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” launching the brand into the national spotlight.
Clockwork Synergy, which has two employees in its Ellicott City, Maryland office, just launched their Divers Strap that fits the Pebble Steel. It’s just one of over 5,000 styles and color choices the company offers, from nylon and oiled-leather NATOs to the GQ-endorsed chambray strap to bands for Philip Stein and Technomarine watches. Each watch band ships with a sleek branded Clockwork Synergy black watch box.
“Instantly add a little class to your wardrobe,” is the brand motto, which watch enthusiast’s belief that the right watch and band combination is the final touch to any outfit.
Braswell touched upon the guiding tenants to his company philosophy:
- High quality at an affordable price.
- Easily interchangeable
- Fast and free shipping
- Attention to customer service
“I’ve always been an aspiring entrepreneur,” said Braswell. “But as every business owner knows, you have to build a solid foundation before you can take it full time. So while staying in the career world, I ran Clockwork Synergy on the side, while rolling 100 percent of the profits back into the business, so we could continue to bring in more styles and colors to the market place.”
An overview of the Clockwork Synergy line:
- Nylon NATOs: Hundreds of colors and styles, available from 16mm to 26mm and in different thicknesses.
- Leather NATOs: 24 options with two different hardware choices
- 3-ring heavy NATOs: over a dozen different colors with five different hardware options
- 5-ring heavy NATOs: Over 24 choices in different colors in both nylon and leather, with 5 hardware options
- Nylon NATOs with a nylon loop: 32 options, three sizes.
- Crocodile leather grain: available from a 10mm up to a 28mm
- Lizard leather grain: 12 colors, six sizes.
- Divers silicone: Over 50 colors to choose from in multiple sizes
- 2-piece nylon watch straps: NATO style but 2 pieces with interchangeable pins
Major announcements for the coming months:
- Four new classes of high-end Raw Calf Leather straps in four types, Vintage, Worn, Distressed and Suede leather.
- Leather racing style straps for “guys who ride a motorcycle to work in a suit.”
- Partnership with DaLuca straps with American Handmade Leather watch straps
“Anytime we introduce a new line of straps to our catalog, we always try and maximize all the color options possible,” said Braswell. “We try and bring in tons of color to accommodate everyone.”
And most importantly, add a touch of class to your wardrobe.