This week on the Worn & Wound podcast, we’re going deep on the barrage of recent releases from Seiko and Grand Seiko, discussing several of their new watches in depth, and answering your most pressing questions on the new releases. Last week saw the introduction of many new models, and served as a kickoff to Seiko’s big 140th anniversary. We’ve got new Alpinists, a dive watch paying tribute to a great Japanese mountaineer, and, at long last, an affordable Seiko GMT with local jumping hours in the Presage line. There’s a lot to talk about, and we frankly only scratched the surface, so if there’s a Seiko or Grand Seiko release announced recently that you particularly enjoy that we didn’t touch on, be sure to let us know in the comments.
This week’s episode is brought to you by Melbourne Watch and their new Collins automatic moonphase. Melbourne Watch is a familiar face to the enthusiast watch community, especially Worn & Wound readers. Founded in 2013, Melbourne is best known for producing stylish and affordable sport and dress watches that offer great value. Melbourne is back with the Collins, a classically-styled automatic moonphase, available in limited quantities at launch.
Powered by the Swiss-made Sellita SW-280 automatic movement, the Collins moonphase display pays homage to the Australian night sky, depicting the Southern Cross star constellation. At just $775 US, the Collins is a compelling package for anyone looking to get a mechanical complication not typically available at this price point. To learn more about the Melbourne Collins, head to melbournewatch.com.
To stay on top of all new episodes, you can subscribe to The Worn & Wound Podcast — now available on all major platforms including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, and more. You can also find our RSS feed here.
And if you like what you hear, then don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If there’s a question you want us to answer you can hit us up at [email protected], and we’ll put your question in the queue.
- Zach W’s wrist check: Benrus Type I Limited Edition
- Zach K’s wrist check: Lorier x Worn & Wound Gemini
- Blake’s wrist check: IWC Top Gun Automatic
- IWC Tribute to 3705
- A Dive Watch for Mountaineering: Introducing the Seiko Prospex SLA049 and SLA051 Tributes to Naomi Uemura
- Seiko Pays Tribute to the Original Alpinist from 1959 with Four All New Watches
- Introducing the Seiko Presage Sharp Edge GMT
- Melbourne Watch Collins Moonphase
- Seiko Celebrates 140 Years with Four New Limited Editions
- Grand Seiko Introduces a New Series of GMT Watches Based on the Changing Seasons