The Max Bill line from German maker Junghans is as iconic as a series of watches can be. Designed by, you guessed it, Max Bill, these watches have remained largely the same since their inception, and they’re exemplary of Bauhaus design. In recent years, however, Junghans has really begun to iterate on these watches. None of the changes have been drastic, keeping the Bauhuas foundation intact, but some playfulness with color, case finishing, etc. have really opened the line up.
Last year, Junghans put out an attractive anniversary collection celebrating 100 years of Bauhaus. The watches were really cool, featuring gunmetal cases and red accents on the dial. They were a limited release, and have since sold out. But if you missed out, don’t fret. The brand has just announced a few new members to the Max Bill line, and they’re not unlike those from the anniversary edition.
Junghans Max Bill Automatic Ref. 027/4007.04 and Kleine Automatic Ref. 027/4006.04
- Case Material: Stainless steel with matte anthracite PVD
- Dial: White
- Dimensions: 38mm (Ref. 027/4007.04) and 34mm (Ref. 027/4006.04)
- Crystal: Domed plexiglass
- Water Resistance: 3 bar
- Movement: J800.1 (base ETA 2824)
- Crown: Push/pull
- Strap/bracelet: leather strap
- Price: $1,095 (Ref. 027/4006.04) and $1,195 (Ref. 027/4007.04)
- Reference Number: Ref. 027/4007.04 and Ref. 027/4006.04