Seiko and Grand Seiko kept us busy last month with so many new release announcements, we decided to devote an entire podcast solely to their discussion. This week on the Worn & Wound podcast, Zach Weiss, Ed Jelley, and Zach Kazan go through the newest releases from these Japanese brands one by one, covering everything from key heritage reissues to completely new movements. Whether your taste veers more toward tool watches and divers, or finely made dress watches in precious metals, there’s something for everyone across this slate of new releases.
This week’s episode is brought to you by the Windup Watch Shop.
To stay on top of all new episodes, you can subscribe to The Worn & Wound Podcast — now available on all major platforms including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, and more. You can also find our RSS feed here.
And if you like what you hear, then don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If there’s a question you want us to answer you can hit us up at [email protected], and we’ll put your question in the queue.
- Zach K’s wrist check: Grand Seiko SBGN003
- Ed’s wrist check: Doxa Sub 200 & Apple Watch
- Seiko Diver’s 55th Anniversary Trilogy
- Ever-Brilliant Steel
- The Seiko SBP149
- The Grand Seiko SLGH002
- Grand Seiko’s Hi-Beat movement and MEMS manufacturing
- The Grand Seiko SLGA001
- A Look at Grand Seiko’s 9R Spring Drive Movement
- Grand Seiko Recreates their Very First Watch to Celebrate 60 Years
- Grand Seiko’s new quartz movement