This week on the podcast, Blake Buettner, Zach Weiss, and Blake Malin are joined by Hodinkee’s Ben Clymer for a wide ranging discussion reflecting on a long, shared history in the watch media landscape. Ben is the founder and Executive Chairman of Hodinkee, and in the thirteen years since he started the website, it’s grown into a leading resource for all things watches, a one-stop retail shop for new, vintage, and pre-owned watches, and a whole lot more. As Worn & Wound celebrates its tenth anniversary, it was a great time to sit down with Ben and talk about how the watch world has changed over the last decade, and how far both Worn & Wound and Hodinkee have come. Ben also touches on his evolving perspective on vintage watches (which might surprise you if you’ve been reading Hodinkee since the early days), the small brands he has an eye on, and why the watches he has a hand in making are his favorites. This is a great conversation that you won’t want to miss if you’re a regular reader of either site.
To stay on top of all new episodes, you can subscribe to The Worn & Wound Podcast — now available on all major platforms including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, and more. You can also find our RSS feed here.
And if you like what you hear, then don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If there’s a question you want us to answer you can hit us up at [email protected], and we’ll put your question in the queue.
- Blake Malin’s wrist check: Zodiac x Worn & Wound Super Sea Wolf LE
- Zach’s wrist check: Seiko 6139-7010
- Blake Buettner’s wrist check: Autodromo Group B Night Stage III
- Ben on the Collectability podcast
- Ben’s editorial on buying Peter Fullerton’s Universal Geneve
- Affordable Vintage: Enicar Seapearl 600
- Louis Erard and Alain Silberstein Reunite for a Three Watch Box Set
- Patek Philippe Ref. 3700
- Hands-On Ruminations On The New AP Royal Oak Jumbo In Platinum, And Why Nobody Seems To Like It
- Introducing the Unimatic x Hodinkee H Series Limited Edition Collection
- Introducing + Hands-On With The Ming X Massena LAB 17.09
- Baltic Introduces Their First Contribution to the Only Watch Auction, a Unique Chronograph with a Vintage Movement
- A Visit to Grand Seiko’s New NYC Boutique
- Fairgame Golf