In this week’s episode of The Worn & Wound Podcast, Zach, Blake, and Ilya discuss Timex’s recent American Documents series and the state of American watchmaking. Zach also talks about his recent trip to Arizona, where he met with the team behind FTS Ameriquartz, who are working towards their goal of producing movements in the America.
This week’s episode of the Worn & Wound podcast is brought to you by Alpina and their AlpinerX Smart Outdoors watch. With the AlpinerX, Alpina brings over 135 years of watchmaking experience to a modern connected sport watch. A robust and highly-functional outdoor companion, the AlpinerX is water-resistant up to 100M and features altitude, barometer, and temperature display, a compass, connected GPS functionality, a UV indicator, and world timer. The AlpinerX also seamlessly connects to your smartphone via the AlpinerX app to track activity, receive notifications, and adjust watch settings.
To learn more about the AlpinerX Smart Outdoors watch, or to learn more about their work with the National Park Foundation, please go to alpinawatchesusa.com.
To stay on top of all new episodes, you can subscribe to The Worn & Wound Podcast—now available on all major platforms including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, and more. You can also find our RSS feed here.
And if you like what you hear, then don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If there’s a question you want us to answer you can hit us up at [email protected], and we’ll put your question in the queue.
- Blake’s wrist check – Mercer Madison
- Zach’s wrist check – VERO 36 Automatic LE
- Ilya’s wrist check – Grand Seiko Elegance GMT Ref. SBGM221 Review
- Timex American Documents Collection
- Weiss Watch Company
- Schon DSGN
- J.N. Shapiro
- RT Custer of Vortic on The Worn & Wound Podcast
- Hodinkee: FTC Takes Action Against Shinola, Suggests ‘Where American Is Made’ Slogan Be Dropped
- Hodinkee: The Federal Trade Commission Takes Action Against Deceptive Marketing Practices In The American Watchmaking Industry
- ADPT Straps
- Fine Timepiece Solutions Brings Movements Back to America