On this week’s episode, host Ilya Ryvin and Zach Weiss are joined by another Zach, Zach Kazan, the newest contributor to Worn & Wound. Some weeks back, Zach attended the Jones & Horan spring auction to witness the sale of a really important timepiece — the Howard, Davis & Dennison #3 pocket watch. He wrote an excellent article for us about the watch, its fascinating history, and the auction itself (you can read that article here), and we thought it’d be great to have him on the podcast for a deeper dive into the story.
This week’s episode is brought to you by Bulova and their collection of automatic timepieces. For the fall season, Bulova is introducing more than 15 new automatic timepieces. Some highlights include the new Regatta collection, which is based on a vintage Bulova style, and features two automatic pieces with a slim automatic movement, and nods to the original design with unique angled lugs. Another style coming this fall is the new Wilton featuring a 40-hour power reserve with power reserve indicator on the dial. The timepiece features a stainless steel case and dials in either silver white, deep blue, or grey, perfect for every day wear or an evening event. To learn more about Bulova and their new automatic timepieces, head to bulova.com.
To stay on top of all new episodes, you can subscribe to The Worn & Wound Podcast—now available on all major platforms including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, and more. You can also find our RSS feed here.
And if you like what you hear, then don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If there’s a question you want us to answer you can hit us up at [email protected], and we’ll put your question in the queue
- Zach K’s wrist check – Rolex Explorer II Ref. 16570 “polar” dial
- Zach W’s wrist check- Farer Lander chronograph
- Ilya’s wrist check – vintage Fortis Cosmonauts chronograph
- Zach K’s Grand Seiko GMT Ref. SBGJ203 (with Mt. Iwate dial)
- USA-exclusive Grand Seiko Seasons collection
- Grand Seiko’s Joe Kirk on The Worn & Wound Podcast
- Jones & Horan auction house
- Auction Report Jones & Horan To Sell The Howard Davis & Dennison No. 3 Pocket Watch via Hodinkee
- How Watches Are Made: Vortic (Fort Collins, Colorado)
- Paul Newman’s “Paul Newman” Daytona
- Speedy “Holy Grail”