For this edition of Pairs Well With we chose an iconic Max Bill hand-wound by Junghans. As one of, if not the, definitive Bauhaus watch, it is defined by its legibility and clean form. Thin black lines mark the perimeter of the watch and bring the eye outward to the minute markings and inward to hours. Nothing is fussy and nothing is unnecessary. Originally produced in the 1960’s and later reintroduced, it is clearly a timeless design that has informed the look and feel of many generations of watches. The goal of the pairing was to find articles of clothing that are similarly to the point, classic, purposeful and can be worn in both casual and work settings.
- Max Bill Watch with a 34mm polished steel case, 17-Jewel hand-wound movement with Incabloc protection and a tan calfskin strap. Available for $652 from Junghans
- Grey/Black Gingham by Epaulet
- Standard Belt – Natural/Black by Tanner Goods
- A pair of black jeans…honestly, you probably have a favorite pair already
- Alden Unlined Suede Chukka Boot in Tan from BlackBird