This week on the Worn & Wound podcast, we’re playing catch up, and talking about some of our favorite recent summer watch releases. We’ve had a string of podcasts with some great guests recently (check out the archive here if you missed anything) but today it’s just Zach Weiss, Blake Buettner, and Zach Kazan talking about new releases, recent acquisitions, and a certain controversial smartwatch featuring a popular video game plumber. We also talk about a few of the watches to be sold at the Only Watch auction later this year, including a very special watch from Baltic, and a very strange watch from F.P. Journe featuring a unique method for reading the time through a hand shaped automaton built into the dial, conceived in part by the director of Jack (really – it’s all true). There’s also the matter of a very cool new watch from an upstart brand in the Netherlands, a little preview of the upcoming Windup Watch Shop Summer Pop-Up, and, oh yeah, a new release from Tudor. Who says summers are slow in the watch industry?
To stay on top of all new episodes, you can subscribe to The Worn & Wound Podcast — now available on all major platforms including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, and more. You can also find our RSS feed here.
And if you like what you hear, then don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If there’s a question you want us to answer you can hit us up at [email protected], and we’ll put your question in the queue.
- Zach K’s wrist check: Grand Seiko SBGH271
- Zach W’s wrist check: Louis Erard x Alain Silberstein Regulator
- Blake’s wrist check: Seiko 7002
- TAG Heuer Teams Up With Mario For Special Edition Connected Watch
- Super Mario 64 tops $1 million at auction
- Louis Erard and Alain Silberstein Reunite for a Three Watch Box Set
- Reminder: The Windup Watch Shop Summer Pop-Up Kicks-Off in One Week!
- Baltic Introduces Their First Contribution to the Only Watch Auction, a Unique Chronograph with a Vintage Movement
- Our Favorites From The Only Watch 2021 Collection
- Introducing the Delft Watch Works Oostpoort
- Introducing the Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight Bronze, a Boutique Exclusive
- Hamilton Khaki Field Gets A Bronze Makeover